Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trend Alert: Sophisticated Wedding Hats

A few days ago I wrote about three wedding trends I'm tired of, but here's one trend that makes me swoon! The recent rise of wedding hats is undoubtedly due to the influence of the stylish Kate Middleton and her penchant for elaborate headpieces. A great hat makes for a surprising statement piece as well as a fashion-forward alternative to a fascinator or veil.

Bridal "Belle Epoch" Mini Top Hat, price not listed, House of Nine Designs, via Style Me Pretty

Uffie Miniature Top Hat with Veil, Maison Michel, $322.50, net-a-porter.com, via brides.com

Black cocktail hat with French netting and headband, $88, The Left Bank, via Everything But The Dress

It takes a bold bride to wear an eye-catching hat! Would you wear one of these? How about a wide-brim hat like Bianca Jagger? Or are you a veil-and-fascinator kind of gal?

1 comment:

  1. Hats are all very well, but I think they need to have small brims if they're going to be worn on the bride. I know for one that I want to see her face. What's wrong with a big feather fascinator?

    ReplyDelete